This is a post where I blatantly get to brag about my awesome wedding party…mostly my bridesmaids.
Even though we are over a year away from the wedding, 4 of my 5 ladies have their dresses!
When I was thinking about our wedding, I knew fall was the time of year, because:
1) We have a lot of people travelling, and winter in Wisconsin doesn’t always equal the best driving conditions.
2) Spring is way too busy for anyone even remotely working in or near a farm. I work for a farm supply company, and we are having our reception at a working crop farm…no way Jose!
3) Summer is too hot. As I’ve stated before, there is a reason I still live in WI. I love cool weather.
But mostly because of the beautiful natural colors and the cool, crisp air. Mr. Kuz was in his brother’s August wedding 9 years ago and more recently in a July wedding. It was just too hot. I’ve seen pictures from the August wedding, and there was not a happy Mr. Kuz in many pics. Tuxes have got to be just as hot to wear as a 30 pound wedding dress!
In order for everyone to be comfortable, I wanted each bridesmaid to have a great dress! My Criteria was:
1) Comfortable – because that’s the most important…nobody’s happy if they aren’t comfortable.
2)Reasonably priced – some of my ladies are just getting started in life (BM Lil’ T), or have a lot of responsibilities (see: MOH Big T’s kids, or BM R’s kids + job), plus this crappy economy we’re in isn’t helping too much. Plus this whole wedding is going in on a strict budget. I can’t justify spending over $100 on something you will never wear again. That takes me to #3
3) See if the dress would be something you could wear again! Which got me to thinking on #4
4) Black! Black goes with everything. Black can be worn again. Black is elegant. Black it is.
5) But I love color, too! And because I love color, I needs to be able to attach a sash or ribbon or a slip or something.
This is what I had in mind:
Please excuse my crude editing skills
So my ladies went with that criteria! And did AWESOME! MOH Big T found a tea length dress in her mother’s closet that is beautiful. BM A is borrowing hers from a friend. When we went shopping for my dress (more on that later) BM R found her floor length black dress for $10…TEN FREAKIN DOLLARS!! We can add a flower or ribbon to the back. BM ‘Lil T already had a tea length dress that has a black sash on. We just have to alter it a bit and put a copper sash in its place. All that is left is BM M. She is also the only one who doesn’t live within a half hour drive, so a long distance shopping trip is on order!
Our wedding is still over a year away and I can’t believe how on-top of things my ladies are! I hope this means they are just excited as I am about this! I really thought dress shopping was going to be worse than pulling teeth, but this has been one of the easiest projects so far! Next up is finding a happy medium for dressing the dudes! oh Boy!